Wednesday 10 February 2010

Birthday Holiday

I just got back from a trip to Ireland with some friends for my 25th birthday. I'd never been before, and was delighted the cliches were all true! We stayed in a tiny village in County Clare and had the craic in some great little pubs (the craic was so good I forgot to take any pics of them), and of course visited Father Ted's house.


Food also featured heavily, and I can recommend Monk's seafood restaurant in Ballyvaughan for their chowder. We made a very rustic looking beef and Guiness pie without a recipe, and it turned out just fine.


As you'd expect from the coast of an island embracing the Atlantic in February, it could at times be stoically bleak.


 

 

At other times however, the sun shone, wind died down and the emerald isle dazzled.