Thursday 18 February 2010

Snow

Once again I am sitting at my desk watching little balls of cotton wool drift slowly down to their resting places on the rooves and bonnets of the cars outside. This must be the most snow we've had in this country for years, every time it seems like 'The Big Freeze' is over- along comes another frost or another dusting of white.

Here, snow means inconvenience for most people, but there are lots of places that have a lot more and I'd love to find out what it means to different people and the effect it has on day to day life. Severe cold weather has certainly inspired some beautiful things, and glaciers millions of years ago carved their legacies into landscapes that still inspire awe.

I just hope I can still go on the Waterfall Walk round Ystradfellte I was planning to on Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment